10.25.2011

Honeymoonin' (Part 1)

I've changed my mind. I'm dropping out of medical school, and Matt and I are going to live in a tent on the beach in the Mayan Riviera.

After our wedding, we spent two nights in the cutest little beach house ever. We had intended on relaxing on the beach Sunday before our flight to Mexico left early Monday morning. However, due to the inclement weather (to say the least), we camped out in the beach house and watched NFL. Not exactly what I'd had in mind, but it was relaxing. The storm settled down enough Sunday afternoon for us to drive to the nearest Domino's. (Seriously. Apparently married life is exactly the same as our pre-married life.) I stayed in the car (again... inclement weather), but Matt told the Domino's guy that we had just gotten married, so he threw in a couple of free chocolate lava cakes. Highlight of my day.




 Of course, Tropical Storm Lee peaced out about the time we were getting ready to leave, so I got a few pictures around the house.


I imagined having a late-morning breakfast and coffee in this cute gazebo outside our house. Too bad that was left to my imagination only, since Tropical Storm Lee rained all over that parade. Literally.



Welcome to Mexico!! (Notice the sunshine.)


Our resort! So beautiful. Ahh... Can I go back??




Our room..



This made me a little giddy :)

So when we got to our room, there was a sign on it that said "Happy Anniversary." I laughed, and I told Matt, "Happy 2 day anniversary!" Our personal concierge was quite distraught over the fact that our banner didn't say "Honeymooners." I told him to please not lose sleep over our door banner. It was really okay. It was changed the next morning. Haha. Poor Roberto. Stressed out over door banners.

Honing my self-timer skills before we headed out to dinner our first night there.

One of the 8 restaurants. We ate in this one by the pool our first night. 


 Kobe beef. D-lish.

Breakfast in bed... Livin' the dream, folks.

Beach time!

The water was beautiful and clear, and there were white angelfish swimming everywhere. The fish kind of freaked me out at first. (Confession: I am afraid of fish. Really, really afraid of fish. Go ahead, laugh.) Once I realized that they weren't going to bite me, I was okay with them. Well, mostly okay anyway.

Blue skies. In sharp contrast to West Florida.

This picture doesn't do the beach justice. The sand was almost white and so silky and soft, and the water was a turquoise blue. One of the largest coral reefs in the world is right off the coast, so the reef breaks all the big waves. There were barely any waves at all. 

The second night, we ate at a Japanese place, and it was one of our favorites. Apparently, I'm the village idiot because I didn't know that rubbing Buddha's belly was good luck. Between rubbing his belly and all the rain on our wedding day, we're pretty set for some good luck, and I think I'd like to cash in on that good luck on March 16!! (Matt was a little too enthusiastic about rubbing the giant Buddha belly if you ask me...)

Me not knowing to rub Buddha's belly...

Educated on the benefits of patting the golden abdomen...


Oh, [sigh]. Writing this post makes me want to go on a permanent vacation. Not that Jackson, Mississippi isn't smothered in luxury, but I do prefer a place with an ocean view.

To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment