5.17.2014

Weeks 37-39

So most of you know, our sweet Charlotte is here! Actually, she's been here for 2 months and is nearly a grown human being by now, but I wanted to post about the end of my pregnancy before I get into her birth story. I want to write it all down so that I don't forget! So let's pretend I'm still pregnant for a sec.

There weren't any big changes during the last 3 weeks. I finally got my life together and we finished the nursery around week 37. (Well, we still haven't hung a few of her things for the walls, but residency is just really not conducive to home decorating. She has a crib (that she's never slept in) and a changing table (most importantly), and a rocker (second most importantly).) My ankle swelling went away completely, and I was able to wear my wedding rings the whole pregnancy- until they made me take them off at the hospital. I still ate cheeseburgers, pizza, and milkshakes more than I would like to admit. I'm not quite sure how I'm not obese at this point except that I have my mother's genes. At my last OB appointment at 39 weeks, I had gained 26 pounds total. We did an ultrasound to look at my fluid levels at that last appointment, and they estimated her weight at 8 pounds. I generally felt good the last few weeks. I remember just really trying to cherish every little kick and squirm. I knew I would miss that (and I do!). Sleep was another story. I was not comfortable lying down at all. That I do not miss.

I didn't take a week 39 picture, and I had her at 39 weeks and 6 days (one day shy of my due date), so this is the end of the chalkboard pictures!






No comments:

Post a Comment