4.09.2010

the beginning of the end

Yesterday was our LAST DAY OF CLASS!! Now, people in normal settings would view this as cause for celebration. For me, however, it just caused anxiety. We have an exam everyday next week. The week after that, we have 2 board exams. The week after that, we have 2 more board exams. Then I have 26 days to study for Step 1... Oh dear. See what I mean? We're not exactly going out for margaritas tonight.

For those of you who may not know what the Step is (in case someone other than my mom actually reads this blog), it's the first of three parts of the United States Medical Licensure Exam. If you pass it, you can't take it again. So if you get a crappy score, you're SOL. (If you don't pass it, you get another shot, but that's even worse than a crappy score.) This is the test that residencies will look at when considering applicants for acceptance. If this test were a person, it would have many leather-bound books, and it's apartment would smell of rich mahogany. I guess it's kind of a big deal.

I'm going to need some prayers...
1. To do well on these tests so that I can prescribe amoxicillin for all of your children one day.
2. That my determination and motivation don't collapse under such demoralizing conditions.
3. That I do not develop a stomach ulcer in the next 7 weeks.
4. For my SANITY.

Seriously though, I ask for your prayers. Come June 7, I'll be an M3! My blog will probably get much more exciting. I'll be on a blogging hiatus until after May 24. I know this is devastating for you.

Happy Friday!! Back to thyroid pharmacology. (I hope your Friday is much more exciting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment