8.01.2010

spray paint, escape routes, and cows

I really need to stop watching HGTV. It's making me feel like my home decor is crappy, and I've been on a home improvement rampage. I rearranged the furniture, bought a flower pot, cleaned out and reorganized the guest room and closet (tubs complete with labels... my mother wouldn't believe it.), refinished a chest of drawers (well, in the process.. we'll see how it turns out..), and bought a new bedspread (which I've needed since Grayce peed and vomited on the one I had a year and a half ago. I've been using random, unmatching blankets... My room looked like a boy's college dorm room.)

So here is my semi-finished table project. I spray-painted his table that was brown and rusty. Mama, are you proud? My mother thinks you can spray paint absolutely anything. She loves to spray paint. That's her answer to everything.. "We could spray paint it!" Seriously. Everything.

Well, it's not quite done. Who chooses the hottest week of the summer to do outside projects? Genius. It needs another coat, but until Wal-Mart re-supplies their Ivy Leaf spray paint inventory and/or the temperature drops below 100 degrees, it's on hold. I like it. I have been looking for cushions for the chairs, but you would not believe how difficult it is to find round outdoor cushions! I mean nowhere. So anyway, semi-finished. Good enough for now.


On an entirely different note, one of our locks is broken. I don't know what happened, but when I tried to unlock the deadbolt today, it resulted in this:

 
Awesome. During this process, the lock was not unlocked. So our back door is deadbolted, and I don't have a key to open it. Now, that would be fine, except that there are 3 dogs in my house right now. They needed to pee. It was 110 degrees outside. I had been awake since 5am on this lovely Saturday morning. I was not in the mood to walk 3 dogs in the suffocating heat. So I let them out the window... duh. It turned into quite the escapade. Oscar thought it was the neatest thing ever. He jumped in and out of the window about 6 times. Just back and forth. Then he got his tennis ball from the yard, came back, and dropped it inside the window for me to throw. When I finally got him back in, every time I tried to shut the window, he tried to jump back out. Ridiculous dog. Polo just went out the window as if he does that everyday. The idea scared the crap out of Grayce at first. She wouldn't go through it. I had to push her out. She's a big dog, by the way. She just turned and looked at me from outside as if I'd lost my mind. The funniest thing was about an hour later, Grayce went over to the window and pawed at it (instead of the back door). Haha.. smart dog. (By the way, I went out the window too. My flower needed watering!)






Ok, so lastly, I have this fascination with these cows. [Stop laughing.] Every day on my way to and from UMC, I pass these cows. There are tons of them, and there are lots of little baby cows. Um, calves, I guess... Anyway, during the summer, they all stand in the pond. Just stand there. I like to watch them. I don't know why. It's not like I've never seen cows before. So for a while I've wanted to take pictures of them. They're in this field with a silo-looking thing, a pond, and an old white farmhouse in the background. I mean it just looks like it should be photographed. So the other day, I decided to take a picture. I didn't even get the farmhouse. There was too much traffic on the road, so I'll have to get some better ones later. I know right now you're thinking that I've lost my mind. Who cares about cows on the side of the highway? Maybe I should start sleeping more. Yes, definitely should get more sleep...




Ok... speaking of sleep... Buenas noches, amigas.

1 comment:

  1. funny, funny!! I love your table. It looks really good. and the flower still looks good. You are right....I am proud of you. The dogs are hilarious. Only you Laura would think such a thing. Get some sleep! mom

    ReplyDelete