8.04.2010

Tuesday update.

I started my Psychiatry rotation yesterday. Looks like I have six weeks of pretty good quality entertainment ahead of me. That's terrible to say... but let's be honest... it's true. I mean, apparently I just missed Jesus in the ER yesterday. Dadgummit.

(Also, just so you know, Condoleezza Rice knows the truth.)

In other news, just in case you weren't aware, the heat index reached 120 in Jackson today. Humidity above 80%. ONE HUNDRED TWENTY DEGREES FAHRENHEIT. I don't know what the actual temperature was, but who cares? What difference does it make if it felt like 120!!! (You know, I don't really get that whole "heat index" thing. Maybe this is the dumbest statement I've ever made, but I mean, if it feels like 120 degrees, how is that not the temperature? What's the point of an actual temperature if that's not what it feels like? I mean, is it just humans? Was it a mere 105 degrees for Oscar Bob today? Did my plant enjoy the actual temperature or did it "feel like" 120 to my gerbera daisy? See what I mean? Dumb. If it feels like 120, it is 120 as far as I'm concerned.) This is a joke. I can't live in this oppressive sauna much longer. Where am I? Death Valley? Ethiopia? Hell?? I need popsicles.

It's SHARK WEEK!!!!

One word of advice: if you or your loved one is ever unfortunate enough to have to be in the ICU, do not, under any circumstances, feel as if it is okay to light up a cigarette inside the ICU. Good grief. I mean, I didn't think people were that stupid, but as Rhonda would say, that's what I get for thinkin'. No cigs in the ICU. Thanks.

Somebody remind me to give Oscar Bob his heartworm pill tomorrow. Gracias.

Happy Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment