5.12.2011

Party like it's 1999

Back in March, my Mamaw turned 75! We threw her a big surprise birthday party. She's the only grandmother I've ever had, and I've always felt so lucky and blessed to have her in my life. She's so smart and so wise. It's a joke between my mom and I that Mamaw knows everything. I'll call my mom and ask her something about cooking or how to fix something or what have you. About half the time, Mama will say "I don't know. Call Mamaw." And I do. And Mamaw has an answer. Always. I don't know what'll happen to Mama and I when Mamaw isn't here anymore!

She and my Pap live 3 hours from where I grew up, but they were always so present. They'd drive 3 hours to watch me dance at a football game or play basketball. My grandparents are such loving, Christian people, and I'm so thankful for their example growing up. They've always put God and family first, and as I've grown up, I've realized that while I thought that was the norm, it's not for many people. There are a lot of people who don't have that kind of influence in their lives, and I'm so grateful that I did. I pray that mine and Matt's marriage is as successful as theirs. We laugh because they are always bickering and, well, making fun of each other, but I think they do it for their own entertainment. They've been together for almost 58 years. That seems hard to find these days, doesn't it? I told you; I'm a lucky gal.

So happy birthday (again), Mamaw! And thank you for being you.


Surprise!!

Typical: Uncle Tommy thinking he's funny, Matt on his phone, and Ryan being...Ryan.


My mom and her brothers.


I hope I'm as cute as my mom when I grow up.


Mamaw should be so proud, shouldn't she? I mean look at this. Who could ask for more? I mean that's some quality offspring.

Cousins! Can you tell we are related?

Mamaw and some of her friends. I know what you're thinking. This must've been a pretty rowdy party. You're right. There were 2 kids under age 5 on a sugar high.


Here we are. Jim and Shirley's clan. In all our glory. You're jealous, aren't you? I thought so.

1 comment:

  1. poor Lola, you can't see her face

    -katie

    ReplyDelete