3.29.2011

Update for Emily

[New post per request of Emily.]

Y'all. I am tired. So tired. OB/GYN is not for me. Well, I could do the obstetrics part, but not so much the gynecology part. Well, let me re-phrase that. I could do the OB part if babies were born nice and neatly between 8:00am and 5:00pm. However, such is not the case. Therefore, OB/GYN is not for me. I hope I never see another postmenopausal woman with urinary incontinence again.

I did like the OB part. I birthed a baby. I'm glad I got to do it. It's a really incredible experience that not many people get to have. I got to be the first person in the world to hold a child while it took its first breath! Birth is amazing. I mean, really. It is. Unless you're the one in labor, I guess. But that's for another decade of my life. Definitely not this one.

So for something that has nothing to do with anything that I just said, here are some pictures for ya. While I spent a month at home last semester doing a family medicine rotation in Hattiesburg, I played with my camera a lot. Because I worked 8-4:30, no weekends, and sometimes not on Fridays. Man, that was a lifetime ago. Blissful memories. Sigh.

Anyway, this was my month at home:

Katie is learning to sew. She's quite the seamstress, apparently.







Serious face.





Operation Christmas Child.











And last but not least, yesterday was my little pal's 2nd birthday!!! My Oscar Bob is growing up so fast. He enjoyed a funfetti cake mix cookie. I mean if that's not the cutest thing you've ever seen, you're lying to yourself. 


Happy birthday, Occabob!!!

2 comments:

  1. i'm in your blog and some of MY pictures made it into your blog too! i feel so special! love you!
    -tate

    ReplyDelete