1.03.2012

2011 review and wrap-up

[I totally stole this idea from one of my best friend's sister's blog, Spoonful--my favorite blog to read (and my mother's favorite blog to read)! You can find it in my blog list down there. So here's your cred, Sarah Barry! Sorry I jacked your  intellectual property.]

2011 was my favorite year so far! Matt and I got engaged, had tons of parties, I figured out what I'm doing with my life, cut people open, stitched people up, birthed some babies, got married, am finally satisfied with my mantle decor (after 3 years), and was completely, 100% free from clinical duties and studying for the entire month of December. Very few awful things happened, and nothing particularly tragic took place, which was a welcome change from 2010. Here's a look back.

Matt asked me to marry him.

We picked and visited our wedding venue. (Which, unfortunately, was much prettier back in February than in September.)

Oscar Bob turned 2. I turned 25. We didn't get dressed up for the occasion. 

Most of March, April, and May were spent within the confines of the hospital. I spent my days (and half my nights) obsessing about all the varicose veins I was going to acquire from standing up over an operating table for hours and hours and hours at a time. I escaped and spent Easter with my family. I needed the 2-day break like I need oxygen.

The third set of baby birds hatched by our back door.

My Aunt Becky hosted our very first wedding shower! Margaritas were involved. So. Much. Fun.

I met Emeril Lagasse. He's such a nice fella.

We had more showers and parties. We're some lucky people with lots of folks that love us. 

I became a wife. In an effort to make light of the monsoon happening on the day of our beach wedding, Matt sent one of the boys over to the girls' beach house with a bag of goodies--including this poncho. I laughed. 'Twas funny.

We spent our fall weekends in either Tuscaloosa or the backyard. Chewin' sticks and chasin' balls and whatnot.

I traveled for interviews.

We celebrated our first Christmas as a married couple.

It was a wonderful, wonderful year. I can't even begin to wrap my brain around the things that will be happening in 2012, but I'm so grateful, humbled, and excited! 

1 comment:

  1. Great pics Laura, and thanks for the shout out! Happy NY.

    ReplyDelete