1.06.2012

Resolve.

'Tis that time again. Time to make New Year's resolutions. Next month it will be time to forget them. But for now, while we're basking in the fresh newness of twenty-twelve and pretending we're all gonna diet and exercise and look like Eva Longoria by July, I think I'll hop on the bandwagon. So here are my goals, people. In no specific order.

1. Become a doctor. Watch out. (Sorry. I can't help myself.)
2. Survive as an intern. (By that I mean don't kill anyone.)
3. Watch less TV.
4. Go to bed earlier.
5. Learn more photography--and use it.
6. Blog more (with said photographs). This is a repeat from last year. Obviously a 2011 resolution failure.
7. Take my Christmas tree down before Easter.
8. Pray more. Some days, I get in the bed, close my eyes, begin to pray, and I realize that it's the first time I've prayed all day. Jesus tells us to "pray without ceasing." So I should strive to do that. Obviously.
9. Cook new things more often. (But I won't say "eat healthier" because I love cheese too much.)

And finally, here it is. The cliche:

10. EXERCISE. I want to be one of those people who LOVES to exercise. These people who make me feel like a slothful waste of living flesh. You know the ones. The ones who are constantly posting about their "runs" on their Facebook statuses. I hate them. I want to be them. It's a little internal battle I'm having. I hate exercise. I have a fierce aversion to it. Ideally, I'd like to think I'd run a half-marathon this year. Buuuuut that ain't gonna happen.

So let's be realistic: I will strive to take the stairs.

...I'll let you know how that goes.


Occabob's resolution is to continue to be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment