3.03.2012

Brunch & some weird mail

Today turned out better than yesterday. I slept late this morning, and then I met my friend Lucy for brunch at Julep. It was fabulous. It lasted 3 hours. We both had the most delicious catfish tacos, portobello fries, and Bloody Marys--which were two-for-one, so we had 2. It was the obvious thing to do. Lucy is one of my best friends from home, and we don't get to see each other as often as I'd like since she lives in Alabama. Which explains why we had a 3 hour brunch. Good food, good company. Julep is one of my favorite Jackson restaurants. If you've never been, you should go. Get the chicken.


We saw this couple get engaged. The girl screamed a lot. I got the impression she didn't see it coming. Congrats, unknown couple!


We didn't take any pictures of ourselves today, but I thought I'd take this opportunity to throw this one (circa 6th grade) out into the world wide web. You're welcome, Luie.
14 years later, opposite sides of a college rivalry, 2 weddings, 1 baby, and a 6 hour drive between us, and I still cherish our friendship so much. Childhood friendships are the best. They're the people that get you. The people that loved you even when you wore braces and tube socks. What? It was the late 90s. You know you wore them too. Don't hate.

Another rather exciting happening occurred yesterday. I found this in the mail. It's a wedding invitation. Please note the first line. Ahhhhh!!!! That's freakin weird, y'all. T-minus 2 months and 22 days until it's official.


Matt and I have been married 6 months today! It's gone by so fast, and it's been so good. I think I'll keep him.

1 comment:

  1. The letter should read. "Doctor Laura and Matthew Newman, esquire/awesome"

    ReplyDelete