3.03.2012

A less than ideal Friday

Today was not the best of days.

I started an anesthesia rotation today, so I had to wake up at the crack of dawn, which was particularly rough since I spent the 29 glorious days of February waking up no earlier than 8:00. Most days 9:00. So I spent my whole day being sleepy and cold. I mean you could've hung meat in the operating rooms today. And for the record, I hate being cold. I also stepped in poop today. Human poop. In the OR.

The pollen is so bad you can see it on the roads. It is ridiculous. My nose hurts from blowing it, I want to claw my eyeballs out, and if I sneeze one more time I may develop a hernia.

I had anxiety all day that my husband, who was in Huntsville, was going to be blown away by a tornado. 

I got in two arguments with Oscar Bob's hairdresser. Aka, the Petsmart Grooming Salon. Whom we will not be using anymore.

And now, this stupid storm has evidently torpedoed our Direct TV dish, and it looks like I won't be seeing the ending to the Law and Order: SVU episode I was enjoying. Stupid Direct TV. 

I did not go to the grocery store today because I hate the grocery store, and I just couldn't do it. However, let us all remember that there are consequences for our choices. In this instance, choice=skip grocery store [again]. Consequence=eating half a jar of pickles for dinner. I'm honestly not sure if that's a peak or a valley in this day that I've had.

And did I mention that I have to have my one and only wisdom tooth pulled? Let me tell you how pumped I am about that... Never mind. Talking about it makes me nauseated. Just pray for me. And my tooth. Thanks.

I apologize for all that complaining. I guess my day could've been worse. I mean, I'm alive currently, so that's on the positive side I suppose.

There were a few highlights. I changed my sheets, which always makes me feel a little better about life in general. I had an hour and a half-long conversation with my BFF, Sandidge. I also found out that another one of my best friends, Lucy, is coming into town this weekend, and I'm super pumped about our lunch date tomorrow! It is such a rare occasion these days since we live in different states. And despite my encounters with the groomer, Oscar Bob did finally get his haircut. 

Before:

After:

That is all. It is late. And I have to wake up before noon tomorrow due to aforementioned lunch date. Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to be mentioned! We can push lunch back closer to 2:00 or 3:00 if you need more sleep!

    ReplyDelete