4.10.2012

Easter... or not.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this post won't be including lovely, colorful pictures of Easter baskets and the Sunday lunch spread. Unfortunately, the only semblance of an Easter celebration I had took place in my heart. No Easter eggs, no family dinner, no church. Just some quality time at the VA. This was the first Easter Sunday in my life that I didn't go to church. It felt odd. Things like that are probably the biggest downside to being a physician. Sick folks don't suddenly get well just because it's a holiday.

I spent the first half of my very early Sunday morning being irritated that I had to work on such an important day. Then, as we rounded on our patients, I realized that I wasn't the only one stuck in that hospital. Several of our patients were lying alone in their hospital rooms. It made me sad. So count your blessings, people. It could always be worse. How lucky am I to serve a risen Savior who is just as present in the VA hospital as he is inside a sanctuary!

Laura, the other M4 providing quality healthcare to our nation's finest veterans this month, made us a little Easter treat. Cinnabunnies. Haha. It was delicious, and I ate it for lunch.



I did get home in time for the last 3 hours of the Masters. I was really worried that I would miss that. What a relief. 

Hope you had a happy Easter! 

"The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; He has risen, just as He said. Come and see the place where He lay. Then go quickly and tell His disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see Him.' Now I have told you." Matthew 28: 5-7

No comments:

Post a Comment