4.12.2012

Happy birthday, Oscar Bob!

The Bobster's birthday was last month. He's three years old!! I can hardly believe it. It just seems like yesterday that Matt showed up at my house with a 1.2-pound ball of black fuzz that I didn't want to love, but I did. I told him not to bring the little guy. I was a first-year medical student. I had no time to train a puppy, and besides that, boy dogs pee on everything. That's annoying. Per usual, Matt didn't listen. There he was in my driveway with a dog the size of a hamster. It was love at first sight. He's such a smart, funny little guy. I'm glad I kept him.

For the record, he doesn't pee on everything.

For his birthday, we had Gigi's cupcakes. I mean, let's be honest. I'm all about any excuse to eat a good cupcake. I gave about 1/3 of a Wedding Cake (vanilla with buttercream icing and edible pearls) to Oscar Bob and another 1/3 of it to Grayce. They flipped out. They never, ever, ever get table food. Ever. When I threw away the cupcake liners, Grayce stood in front of the trash cabinet and whined for almost an hour. Matt and I split a Midnight Chocolate Chip one and a Raspberry Limeade one. They were delicious!




Please pretend not to notice the junk on my table. Thanks.




Post-cupcake food coma.

I would say something along the lines of "Hallelujah! Tomorrow's Friday!" but Friday doesn't mean much to me these days. But I hope YOU have a fabulous weekend. 18 more days, and I never have to see the inside of a VA hospital again. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one to buy my dogs cupcakes for their birthdays! However, mine are usually pupcakes - I think I'll take a page from your book this year and get cupcakes for me and Bob. :)

    ReplyDelete