4.14.2012

Birthday bash

Matt doesn't get very excited about his birthday. He doesn't even really eat cake. (I know what you're thinking- what kind of freak did I marry??? Who doesn't eat cake?!) But he always tries so hard to make my birthday special. A couple of years ago, he threw me a surprise party. One year he drove the thirty minutes from his house to mine at midnight to give me my presents.

This year, he decided to have a party at our house. It was one of the most fun nights I've had in a long time! A ton of our friends came over, and we ate and drank until I could hardly breathe. Matt and our friend Nolan manned the grill all night. They cooked deer meat, duck, sausage, and hamburgers. Nolan is a carnivore. Matt thinks duck is borderline exotic, considering I pretty much cook chicken 6 nights a week. They marinated mushrooms, stuffed them with cream cheese and jalapenos, wrapped them in bacon, and put them on the grill--their signature appetizer. Matt got me an ice cream cake and ice cream cookies from Coldstone. Not to mention all the chips and dip and I consumed. And Lyssa made amaretto freezes. I might have gained 10 pounds in 6 hours.

Most of the afternoon and night was spent around the fire outside, but a dance party did take place to a Jay-Z Pandora station at one point.


Hayes "Dryer Sheet" Baker. Keepin' those skeeters away.



Real housewives of Madison County. 






This happened totally against my will. 

Med school crew.

Twins. And the only LSU fan we tolerate on a regular basis :)

It was such a fun night with all of my favorite people! Thanks to my favorite husband for always making sure March 31 is a wonderful day. 25 was my favorite year so far- Matt and I got engaged, had a summer full of parties and showers, we got married, Alabama won the National Championship (and we got to go!), and I matched into residency. I can't wait to see what my 26th year brings!

1 comment: