10.14.2013

17 weeks


I'm so excited that I finally felt baby move! Last Saturday, when I was 17 weeks exactly, Matt and I had just turned the lights off to go to sleep, and I felt something that I can only describe as... bubbles. It was pretty subtle, and I wasn't sure if that was baby. People have told me that it kind of feels like gas or bubbles at first. I told Matt I thought maybe that was it. A few days later, I was sitting in noon conference at work, and I felt the same thing. I sat really still. It happened a few times in the same spot, and I was sure that time that that's what it was. Since then, it's become a little stronger and more obvious that it's baby moving around. It's my favorite thing!

I'm still nauseated, but I kind of forgot what it's like to not be nauseated anymore, so whatever. I haven't had to puke in a hospital toilet in a while, so things are really looking up! No one wants their face that close to a hospital toilet. Gross. GROSS.

Moving on... I still don't have any really intense cravings. This may sound really weird, and my mother and Matt are probably the only people that will truly understand the significance of this, but I have to have ice in my water now. Historically, I don't like ice in my drinks. I like drinks cold, but 86 the ice. Always. Times 27 years. Now, suddenly, I find myself needing the ice. I sort of wonder if I have pica.

We went to the state fair this week and had a blast. I love the fair. I love the fall. I was kind of sad that I couldn't ride all the rides this year (because I'm 27 years old, and that's still the highlight of my October). The food made up for my loss. I ate a corn dog and a fried philly cheesesteak. So good. I did ride the swings, and we won a fish, which we gave to some random kid. I just saw myself coming home to a dead fish in 3 weeks and the emotional turmoil that it might induce. It was better for everyone involved to give our fish away.



Happy Fall, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. I always described it as bubbles too! Such an amazing feeling. Can't wait to hear what you guys are having!

    ReplyDelete