10.04.2010

The Blinds Project

My front door has lots of windows. Big windows that open right into my living room. Big windows that allow people on the street to see what channel I'm watching at night. I mean, if there were people on the street. I basically live on the moon, so it's generally not a problem. However, after 2 years of living here, I decided it's time to put some blinds up.

God, help us.

Matt accompanied me to Lowe's--a decision that he would later regret. I debated on which blinds to purchase for quite some time. Blinds vs. shades? Light vs. dark? Which specific shade of color? Bamboo vs. whatever that other material was. Ahhh... Matt was ready to kill me. "Just freakin' pick something!" 

Conveniently, my sister's boyfriend, Chris, just happened to show up on this particular day. I'm sure that was a decision he would later regret as well. You see, Chris is quite handy. And my door is a weird shape. Who makes a door with curved windows at the top?? That is not conducive to blind installation. And the size of my wallet is not conducive to custom blinds.

Anyway, I was hell-bent on putting these suckers up myself. I was going to feel so accomplished. So victorious. So capable. 

Well. So much for that. After turning the blinds around 7 or 18 different times, reading the directions more times than that, and hollerin' "Hey Chris? What exactly is a wingnut??", Chris comes waltzing in and hands me what apparently is a wingnut. He kindly offers to assist me. Assisting turned into doing.

Well, next time I'll be able to do it myself. Dangit.

Notice Matt in the reflection being ever-so-helpful.


Katie, you're such a freak.


Matt now being helpful, Katie still being... Katie. And Polo being Polo. I mean look at that toolbag. How did I think I could take on this project with my little, pink, graduation gift from high school toolbox?


The finished project. Such a relief that all those people out in the streets won't be able to see all up in my business. Whew.


Grayce's happy about it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment