10.02.2010

Gameday!

I love Saturdays.

I love Saturdays more when I don't have to be up before dawn.

I love Saturdays even more during the months of September, October, and November.

I love GAME DAY.

Matt and I scored some sweet tickets from a friend for the first game of the season. We sat in The Zone, and we got a little taste of heaven. (Define heaven: being able to sit in the A/C during a September game.)



Ah, college... I miss you so.


This may be the best idea anyone has ever had:


Bahahaha....

Anyway, since Matt and I are far too poor to afford season tickets at Alabama, and even if we weren't too poor, we'd be on a waiting list until at least the next decade, we have since been enjoying our own little gameday festivities on the homefront.

Matt's mom sent Grayce and Oscar Bob a little gameday happy in the mail. Grayce was not amused. [She's saying, "If you don't get this $%*# off of me in the next 10 seconds, I am going to sink my huge, sharp teeth into your flesh and rip it off."]


Oscar didn't mind as much.


If you were worried that Matt was left out, fret no longer. My cousin Malisa had a little prize for Matt a few weeks ago. She ran across this beauty and couldn't resist. Matt wore it proudly (in the privacy of our own living room, blinds down, after a couple of stout coke and rums). He even let me take his picture! (Now he's going to kill me for posting it on the internet...)

Aren't they precious? (Make sure you note the Alabama "A" on the pocket.) See how happy Matt is in his new shirt?! Thanks Malisa!


My favorite picture of the day:

Roll tide!

On another note, my Mamaw and Pap celebrated their 58th wedding anniversary this week! I feel like that is such a rare feat these days. We are so blessed to have such a Godly, loving example of marriage at the center of our family. Happy anniversary, Mam and Pap! We love you!

2 comments:

  1. oh goodness. your posts make me happy cry. so adorable!! and hilarious!

    ReplyDelete