12.07.2013

24 weeks


I don't have a single picture of anything Thanksgiving related because I spent my Thanksgiving on call at the hospital. I was really grumpy about that for a while. However, we have so much to be thankful for this year, and I tried to remember there are definitely worse reasons to be in a hospital over Thanksgiving. Matt did bring me lunch, and we spent a lovely 30 minutes together, which consisted largely of me inhaling food and answering pages. Oh, residency. Gotta love it. Sometimes the dream. Sometimes a nightmare.

Of course, more than anything, I'm thankful for my baby girl. Every time I feel her kick, my heart just swells. All of our ultrasounds and tests have been stone cold normal, and for someone who knows a little too much about what can go wrong with development, I'm so thankful for her health so far. Matt and I are so, so excited to be parents, and we're so grateful for this gift!

It goes without saying that I'm thankful for Matt, but I just can't put into words how wonderful he is. He's just such an amazing, supportive, loving, thoughtful husband, and he's going to be the best daddy. I can't imagine my life without him. Charlotte and I are two lucky girls!

It has just been an incredible year for us. We are so blessed, and our hearts are so full. 
I can never express how thankful I am for my family.
And for our great group of friends.
And Grayce and Oscar Bob.
Central heat.
Our home.
Our jobs.
Maternity jeans.
America.
Cheeseburgers and milk.
And I honestly am thankful for FaceTime. It's how I've spent every major holiday with the rest of my family this year. 



"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 
1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment