12.21.2013

Weeks 26 and 27

We didn't take a 26 week picture since I was working nights most of the week then was blessed with the stomach virus (thank you, pediatric ER). I mean I finally stopped puking from pregnancy, and then I get the stomach virus. The universe hates me. I got dehydrated and had a few contractions, which freaked me out a little. After a little IV fluid, all that chilled out, thank goodness.


So here we are at 27 weeks. Matt refuses to paint my toenails for me, and my belly button is now flat. It's going to become an outy any second now. In fact, one day, it did stick out a little. But it has since retreated. I don't expect this to last. Also, I have upped my middle-of-the-night trips to the bathroom from 2 to an average of 3. 

We went to the doctor Monday, and all is well. Charlotte's heart rate was 147 bpm. Just perfect! I've gained 18 pounds total. We'll see how that number escalates over the holidays... We start going to our appointments every 2 weeks now. OH MY GOSH that means we're having a baby soon. Do we have a nursery? Nope. We do have one pack of diapers and some dang cute clothes. I.e., we are not ready.

In other news, we have had quite a week! My sister graduated college on Friday, and I only had to get up from my seat to vomit 3 times. We are so proud of her!! Perhaps I will post the cliche picture of her in her cap and gown later, whenever someone in my family shares their pictures with me. I was too busy trying to keep my gastric contents inside of my body to handle my own camera that day. Even without photographic evidence-- go Katie!! You're gonna be the best teacher ever :)

If that wasn't exciting enough, on Saturday, Katie and Wes got ENGAGED! We are so happy for them! Welcome to the fam, Wes. 2014 is going to be out of control and fabulous. Again, this phone pic is all I've got.


It's almost Christmas, y'all. And I'm about as ready for Christmas as I am to have a baby. I have purchased ZERO gifts. I've really got to get it together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment