12.31.2013

28 weeks: Merry Christmas!




7 months, y'all. Not much has changed since last week. I still feel great! My belly button is kind of neither in nor out, and I haven't had a cheeseburger in like a week. Go me! We're going to get ready for baby this month {I think}. We finally ordered a crib. And I ordered some fabric swatches for the bedding. That's about as far as the nursery has gotten.

Speaking of which, if you missed my Facebook post, let me update you on the nursery. It is my belief that there is a dead animal inside the wall in the nursery. It stinks to high Heaven. If the door is left open, the dogs go and stand in the closet and sniff. I mean it's bad. We have looked everywhere. It's got to be in the wall. I don't know where it is or what it is but it is dead. And it is rotting. Not quite sure what we're going to do about that. To be continued...

This week has been so different this year. I worked 12 hour days the entirety of Christmas week, so part of me felt like I just totally missed it. I barely got the Christmas decorations up before Christmas (and only half of them, at that). I ordered most gifts online (which didn't arrive until after Christmas Day). I didn't get to go to church. I forgot to get the dogs' Christmas gifts (trivial, maybe, but still). And kudos to all you Pinterest-inspired people who have blogged about your cutesy Christmas-themed baked goods. It was Dominos and take-out for the Newmans this week. I think I cried at least twice. 

Then my good in-laws showed up on Christmas Eve, and I came home from work to prime rib, presents stacked under the tree, candles lit, and people not wearing pajamas. My dad, my sister, and her fiance joined us for dinner. It was so nice, and I finally felt like it was Christmastime. We opened gifts with Matt's parents that night, and it was so much fun opening things for baby girl! I didn't take many pictures, and I realized later that I didn't even take a family photo. Fail.





On Christmas night, I got off work and we headed straight to my dad's for a late Christmas dinner. 


The day after Christmas, I had to settle for speakerphone happy-birthday-singing with my family to my mom since I was not around wi-fi and couldn't FaceTime. (FaceTime has really become an integral part of my life, and I think it's the best invention ever.) I think this is the first time I've not been home for her birthday. They even took a picture of her holding the phone up so I was "in" the picture.

I finally finished my week-long stretch of work on Friday night, and we headed South for Christmas at my grandparents' and then with Mama and Mike. 






I love listening to my mom play the piano. It's one of my favorite things in the world.



Apparently, my precious little sister drew this fine piece of artwork at some point in our childhood. My grandfather kept it, and he pulled it out and showed it to us this weekend. I must say, it's pretty funny.


After I nearly died from overeating, we opened gifts and played our traditional game of Dirty Santa. I scored some Trap-A-Crap (a spray made by Poo-Pourri to cover up your bathroom stench). I tried it out before {someone} went into the bathroom. Evidently, you're supposed to spray it into the toilet. I sprayed it in the air, and {someone} said I was trying to kill him. Whoops. It's made with essential oils, and it's guaranteed to work.


Round 4 of Christmas was back in Hattiesburg. Special shout-out to my sister for being patient and waiting 3 days to celebrate Christmas because I had to work. Katie got me a bracelet with the March birthstone (because Charlotte is due in March). Mama said, "Well, what if she isn't born in March?" Katie said, "Well it's a good thing Laura was born in March too because I never thought of that." Haha. We got way too many things this year. I'm so thankful that we were able to spend time with all of our families even though I worked so much. We have the best families, and I'm so grateful for them.




Animal print from Aunt Katie. Duh.





Santa, aka Mama, had the flu this year during Christmas. Wrapping presents in her state of illness and delirium, she labeled everything "From: Sick Santa" which I thought was weird and hysterical.



Charlotte's first ornament on Mama's tree! She truly is the best gift we could ever have asked for. I absolutely cannot wait to hold her, and I love her so much my heart may explode. I can't believe this time next year we will have a precious little 9 month old crawling around!

 

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!!


No comments:

Post a Comment